Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in New York
Extensive Experience Handling Accidents Involving Cars, Trucks & More
Chianese & Reilly Law extends our personal injury legal services to those who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Whether you were injured in a car accident, bus accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, if your injuries were caused by a careless or negligent driver, you deserve to seek justice. Though driving is something many Americans do every single day, that doesn’t mean they don’t have an obligation to keep others around them safe every time they’re on the road. When drivers aren’t paying attention, driving recklessly, or driving after drinking, they’ve violated this obligation and should be held liable for any and all damages they’ve caused. There are 316 deaths each year in New York due to motor vehicle accidents, which can easily be lowered or prevented. Our New York motor vehicle accident attorneys represent victims who have been wrongly harmed on highways, service streets, and more.
Contact us online or by phone at (516) 604-2240 after your accident. Through your free consultation, we can learn more about your unique concerns and needs and you can learn more about how we can help. Offering services in English and Spanish.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
There are a variety of car accident types that can cause injuries to drivers and passengers alike. We’ve seen clients who have experienced injuries after motor vehicle accidents that include cuts and abrasions, burns, broken bones, sprains and fractured, spinal cord and neck injuries, brain and head injuries, and more. Depending on the details of the accident, some injuries can be permanent and require lifelong care, such as if a victim was paralyzed in an accident or experienced serious brain damage.
Common types of motor vehicle accidents our team has handled include:
- Rear-end accidents: One of the most common accidents occurs when one vehicle collides with the back of another vehicle, often as a result of tailgating, failing to brake, or taking too long to brake. Many drivers are distracted or on their phones while driving, which can prevent them from seeing slowed or stopped traffic ahead.
- Collisions while merging: Drivers and riders alike must take care to signal and check their blind spots before they merge or change lanes, but this often doesn’t happen. When drivers merge without following traffic laws, they can collide with vehicles in the lanes next to them or force drivers to swerve to get out of their way, only to cause additional hazards.
- Head-on collisions: Accidents that occur when two vehicles hit one another head-on often result in serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These can occur when one car loses control or drifts over into oncoming traffic as a result of speeding, driving while intoxicated, or some other form of reckless driving.
- T-bone crashes: Side-impact crashes, or T-bone accidents, are fairly common at busy intersections. When vehicle attempt to make left turns and don’t yield to oncoming traffic, they can be hit in the side, resulting in serious injuries for passengers.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Our attorneys have more than five decades of experience helping injured clients heal through aggressive advocacy. We understand that this may be a tough time not just physically and emotionally, but also financially, as injuries can often cost thousands of dollars to treat.
We’re able to hold negligent drivers accountable for their actions and secure the following damages for you, in and out of the courtroom:
- Medical bills, including the costs of hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and more
- Lost wages and future earning capacity if you have to miss or quit your job
- Property damage, including the costs of repairing your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
You can lean on us during this trying time while knowing we can do whatever it takes to achieve your desired results. We handle cases both seemingly simple and complex with the goal of helping our clients reclaim their lives.
Pursue justice today by calling our New York motor vehicle accident attorneys at (516) 604-2240. With more than 50 years of experience, we know how to defend our clients’ rights to compensation when they’ve been harmed by negligence.